Wednesday, June 24, 2009

From Boys to Men . . .

Boy-son is officially in men's shoes - a size 7 to be exact. We did some clothes shopping today, and I was on a mission to find him new athletic shoes. Now that he's in a men's size, the price of shoes goes up at least $20.00 a pair. My limit was $40.00 which is still high for kids' shoes I think, but hey, I had to tack on that extra $20.00 right? I did find a nice pair at Famous Footwear, but I did not buy them as I wanted to check a couple other stores first.

Well, I found out that not every store carries men's size 7's; and the styles are pretty limited in the stores that do. Once we checked a few other stores, I was too exhausted to go back and buy the pair from Famous Footwear, but found that they do not charge for shipping when you order online, so I ordered them.

It all makes me sort of sad . . not only for the higher cost of shoes (ugh!), but that my little boy is not so little anymore.

Now I need to get him a new pair of casual dress shoes . . . we might have to borrow against the house.

No comments: