Last fall, I bought a large purse. My previous purse just was never big enough to hold many of the things that I carry around on a regular basis. I have the camera on many occasions, various store ads, coupons, etc. For a couple of reasons, I was tentative about buying a larger purse. One of the reasons was because I knew that my family would not take to my new fashion statement very easily. I see lots of women carrying large bags, many bigger than mine, so I figured why can't I?
Ever since I brought that purse home, my family has been traumatized. Everyone in my family was sure to say, "Wow, that's big purse!" or "Where'd you get that big purse?" It is the butt of many jokes. Today is no exception.
Tonight, we are taking the kids to see the new movie Up, (which, by the way, is getting great reviews here and at Faith & Family Live). So this afternoon, my husband says to me, "I was thinking that we could take a six pack of pop and a few bags of chips to the movie. We could put them in your purse." He laughed very hard about this - and because I have such a great sense of humor and can laugh at myself, he was laughing so hard, I had to laugh, too.
Tuesday, June 2, 2009
My Purse
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
yes, it IS to big and the coffee maker in the back is a 12 cup coffee maker! Boyson
NO NO NO - not too big. I carry a mammoth of a purse sometimes... but, it is never full! I actually bought my purse to put my camera case inside - as well as my necessary purse items for a trip on a plane once. Only one personal item and one carry-on... SO, I bought a big purse and made good use of my one personal item. THEN, I got attached to the bag and carry it everywhere. I am planning to get a second one in "cool" colors. My current one has brown, cream and orange. That doesn't work so well when I wear lavender or pink!! Your purse is NOT too big... unless your shoulder or back begin to ache!
Are you nuts? Girls down here carry bags big enough for beach towels and bikinis, sunscreen and straw hats. It doesn't look to me like you could fit all that in there.
I think you should tie a bright silky scarf to one of the rings to brighten the bag up for spring/summer. ;)
Thanks Girls! I knew you would come through for me!
I think it is great!! Mine has been frustrating me SO much lately, since I can never seem to zip it shut... It is just too small for what I need to carry around with me. =)
that doesnt look too big at all, but i am not good with dimensions. based on this pic i would say it is a-ok. besides, it looks just the right size to give your family a love tap with it (you know, hit them upside the head when they are making fun of you) ;)
r
Angela,
Forgive me, but it's not big enough! (I'll keep an eye out for a bigger one for you.)
Post a Comment