Monday, August 24, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook - August 24th Edition

Outside My Window... beautiful weather - low 80's, clear sky, it's really been perfect the past few days!

I am thinking... that's it's been a very long time since I did a daybook entry.

I am thankful for... being able to stay home with my kids.

From the kitchen... baking chocolate chip cookies

I am wearing... blue work out pants, light blue t-shirt and my chicken apron

I am creating ... our saint of the day calendar for school

I am going... camping.

I am reading... The Star Garden by Nancy Turner

I am hoping... that we get school started without too many 'bumps.' I am feeling a lot less motivated than I have in past years, and that's not good.

I am hearing... the fan

Around the house . . . loving our new furniture in the living room. It was time to get this room in order. That room doubles as our school room, and it just feels so cozy in there now.

From the schoolroom . . . . I bought a new white board and calendar board today. Waiting for Latina Christiana to arrive and then we are ready to start on September 7th. Although I feel like that's so late as I look at everyone else's blogs and see that they have already started. Note to self: no more late summer camping trips; that's why we're starting so late.

One of my favorite things . . . . the flowers blooming in my yard.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week:

Camping!

Here is picture thought I am sharing...Our new couch. Don't look at the goofy coffee table . . . I have something different there now (my $8.00 IKEA table!); I took this picture a week or so ago before I had everything arranged.

1 comment:

Blogger said...

You could be eligible to get a $250 Ikea Gift Card.