
1. I took the kids up to play tennis one afternoon last week. I am in no way, shape, or form a tennis player, but Lil Guhl took a week's worth of lessons earlier this summer, so we went to hit the ball back and forth for awhile. I got a lot of exercise! We learned that for us novices, it would be easier to have a bucket of balls, instead of just one, so that you wouldn't have to constantly run all over chasing the missed ball.
2. I played Skip-Bo with my kids - 3 whole games in one day! This card game was a staple in my childhood. My grandparents were big game players and we played it all the time (amongst many other games) when I was at their house. We've had it for several years, and both of my younger kids are now able to play (although Lil Guhl doesn't quite get the strategy yet). Anyways, I am not a game player - it's very hard for me to get motivated to play board or card games, so this was a success!
3. The whiskey barrel planter that has sat in the corner on my back patio for 12 years is gone! It looked pretty many years ago, and I always had something planted in it, but lately whatever was planted there (columbine) never really did very well. It was so rotten and yucky - I finally scooped all the dirt out of it and got rid of it. I dumped all the dirt in the chicken coop and they went crazy over all the bugs that were in it.
For more small successes, go here.
1 comment:
Awesome job!! Plain and simple - this was a fun week!! I loved your activities and ideas!
Post a Comment