Thursday, August 6, 2009

Small Successes - August 6th Edition

It’s important for moms to recognize that all the small successes in our days can add up to one big triumph. So on Thursday of each week, we do exactly that.

1. I washed the windows in the garage doors. This is one of those projects you do about every 5 years when the cobwebs and and dust are so thick that you aren't even sure if there are any windows. My husband doesn't really like it when I wash these windows because he thinks the dust and cobwebs are the security system (can't see in very well). But I needed a small success, so I washed them.

2. I refilled the oyster shell feeder in the chicken coop. You see, chickens need a lot of calcium in their diet to make egg shells; if they don't get enough they will start laying soft-shelled eggs. So you can buy bags of ground up oyster shell that they will eat to get their calcium. Buffy has been laying some soft-shelled eggs lately (she seems to be the only one who does this). We have a little dispenser in the coop that holds the oyster shell, and for some reason refilling it gets neglected. So I filled it for Buffy.

3. I rearranged some furniture in our house, namely, the large bookshelf that I no longer wanted in the living room. I moved it down to Boyson's room and took out the big, clunky armoire that never really worked very well in his room. The bookshelf is a lot more user-friendly for Boyson and all his stuff; and it actually freed up some space in there so it seems more open. He is really liking it.

That's all for now - for more mom's who did a good job, go here.

1 comment:

ViolinMama said...

awesome job!!! thanks for inspiring me with such a massive list of accomplishments!!! You rock!!!