Monday, August 31, 2009

My Daybook - August 31st

Outside my Window... it is a very nice day - about 78 degrees with a slight breeze.

I am thinking... about Lil Guhl's birthday coming up soon!

I am thankful... for a husband that can fix anything! The driver's side window on my van has been acting up for several months now . . . sometimes it won't go up. We could bang on the door panel and few times and it would eventually go up, but today it finally wouldn't go up even after a lot of banging. My husband took the door apart and bought new parts and fixed it! The parts were $90.00, but we saved mechanic labor!

From the kitchen... making kebabs tonight for the first time.

From the school room... Finishing up some last details to get ready for our first day next week . . . after seeing Jessica's calendar, I bought the Saints & Feasts sticker album and am sticking them to magnets for our saint-a-day this year. I love this idea! We read from Saints for Young Readers for Everyday so this will go along with that and give the kids a little picture of each saint.

I am going... to the Leader Meeting tomorrow night for our Little Flowers group.

I am creating... the leader packets for our Little Flowers group.

I am reading... nothing right now - too busy trying to get ready for the Little Flowers leader meeting!

I am wearing... my white t-shirt and a brown skort.

I am hoping... that school gets off to a good start next Monday.

I am hearing... the dog panting outside the screen door.

Around the house... still waiting for my bookshelf which will complete the changes that I made in the living room.

One of my favorite things... fall!

A Few Plans For This Week...
  • a leader's meeting with our Little Flowers group
  • our new priest is coming for dinner
  • first PE class of the new school year for Lil Guhl

A picture thought I am sharing:

No comments: