After seeing and loving these two ideas many months ago, I decided to go ahead and fashion a set for us.
We've been using this paper priest and vestments, but he is getting sort of tattered.

I decided to keep it simple; so I just bought an unfinished wooden cross from the craft store, and made our chasubles out of felt. I finished the cross with some stain, and glued the ribbons onto the felt.
The cross hangs on the wall near our school area. I still would like for my husband to fashion some sort of stand so that I can stand it on the table or something if I want. The kids and I have been trying to come up with names for our 'new priest.' My husband thinks the cross might be made of poplar, but Father Poplar doesn't really sound right.
I am thinking maybe Father Wood (I am so creative, don't you think??!!).
Voila! Instant liturgical colors!
(I still need rose for Lætare and Gaudete Sundays - I figure I have time).
We've been using this paper priest and vestments, but he is getting sort of tattered.
I decided to keep it simple; so I just bought an unfinished wooden cross from the craft store, and made our chasubles out of felt. I finished the cross with some stain, and glued the ribbons onto the felt.
The cross hangs on the wall near our school area. I still would like for my husband to fashion some sort of stand so that I can stand it on the table or something if I want. The kids and I have been trying to come up with names for our 'new priest.' My husband thinks the cross might be made of poplar, but Father Poplar doesn't really sound right.
I am thinking maybe Father Wood (I am so creative, don't you think??!!).
(I still need rose for Lætare and Gaudete Sundays - I figure I have time).
5 comments:
Do you use these to teach your kids what liturgical season it is? I love it though - it looks great!!
Yes; we change the chasuble (if necessary) when we read the Saint-of-the-day at the beginning of each school day.
~Angela
Wow, that's awesome! What an excellent idea. I'm definitely going to keep this in mind for when Xavier comes of school age.
Fr. Timber
Fr. Lath
Fr. Board (uh, maybe not that one)
Fr. Plank
Fr. Tree
Fr. Beam
I love a thesaurus, I do!!!
Ooh, I really like Fr. Timber . . .
Thanks for the ideas Elm!
Post a Comment