Monday, September 21, 2009

My Daybook - September 21st

For Monday, September 21st

Outside my Window... sunny and 82 degrees, although it has been quite windy!

I am thinking... about my 18 year old daughter starting college today. She's going to community college - taking 14 credits. Wow - I can't believe it . . . I still remember the days of kindergarten and elementary school.

I am hoping... that my chickens will start laying eggs again soon. Someday. We've been getting barely any eggs lately. Those darn chickens. It's a good thing they've won some stuff or they would be outta here (lucky for them anyways).

From the kitchen... hamburgers and fries from the grill for dinner tonight.

From the school room... Week Three - I actually made a schedule for our school day. I have never done this before. Being the organized person that I am, I never thought I needed anything written down. But after a bumpy start to our school year, I thought that maybe having a plan would help. I have some tweaking to do, but we followed the schedule today and I thought things went so much better!

I am creating... binders for our Little Flowers group which starts next week!

I am reading... Johnny Tremain with the kids.

I am going...
to go to the beach tomorrow. The temp there is supposed to be 85 degrees and that's very rare; so we are taking a day off school and driving to the beach!

I am wearing... my black work out pants and matching t-shirt.

I am hearing... the wind chime outside the sliding glass door.

Around the house... just more laundry, dishes, vacuuming . . . you know the usual things.

One of my favorite things... a bit of quiet in the afternoon! It's so great when the kids go with my husband to his mom's house.

A Few Plans For This Week... science class at OMSI for the kids; a pottery class for the kids; PE Class for Lil Guhl.

A picture thought I am sharing:


For more daybooks, head on over to Peggy's.

No comments: