Thursday, September 24, 2009

Small Successes - September 24th Edition

"It’s important for moms to recognize that all the small successes in our days can add up to one big triumph. So on Thursday of each week, we do exactly that."

1. I wrote up a daily schedule for school. This is something I have never done - I am an organized, neat person, so I always thought, "I don't need a schedule." But after a somewhat rough start to our year I decided that maybe it would help us stay on task. I can't believe how much it has helped in the few days we have used it. I still need to make some adjustments, but having the general guideline of a schedule is an amazing help for all of us.

2. Because of our new schedule, I have managed to get me and the kids out of bed, and starting school on time. This is something that I struggle with because my kids are hard to get out of bed, so I dread doing it, and morning time is when I read e-mails, read blogs, drink my coffee, etc. and sometimes I spend too much time doing those things.

3. Sometimes, when someone is not feeling well, you have to be a good mom and let them have a little friend in the house to keep them company:


Check out some other moms who are celebrating the small things!

4 comments:

JJ's Mom said...

What a wonderful list! It's amazing how much time can be sucked up online... And I love the pic of your little one and the bunny. Our bunny stays in the kitchen, but loves the chance to cuddle with someone in any other room.

Kelly said...

Great successes! Making a schedule and sticking to it even when it is not convenient to your quiet(online) time is something to be very proud of. I have a hard time with that as well.

Thanks for sharing and may God bless the rest of your week.

ViolinMama said...

I'm SO sorry I'm so late. I'm here, reading when I can - it has just been too hard for me lately. Thanks for taking the time to post this and inspiring us all! God Bless!

Anonymous said...

B-B-BUNS!