Outside my window... partly cloudy and 46 degrees today. The rain finally stopped, at least for now. I am thinking ... about the lesson I have to teach to my CCD class on Sunday. It is on the Eucharist - so it's important that I do a good job. I am nervous.
From the school room ... Boyson is learning about pronouns, the Civil War, the Third Commandment, and fractions. Lil Guhl is learning about helping verbs, sacraments, subtracting with trading. In spelling both kids will also be doing Long E spelled EA, Ways to spell long E, and suffix -ed. Our vocabulary words on our "Word a Day" calendar are: perspicuous, bird-dog, exclave, infinitesimal, revenant.
From the kitchen... salad, salad, and more salad. I ate salad every day for lunch last week, and my goal is to keep it up. I sure feel a lot better getting more roughage in my diet.
I am wearing... khaki slacks, a red t-shirt and my slippers.
I am creating... spraying painting hat boxes for a craft that we will doing at our next Little Flowers meetings. The hat boxes will be donated to an organization that gives them out as memory boxes for families who have lost infants. We are doing the Corporal Works of Mercy for Little Flowers this year, so everything the girls are making is donated to charitable organizations.
I am going... to make it to Curves 3 times this week. I did it last week for the first time in months, and I need to work harder to get back into that routine.
I am reading... "The Flying Troutmans" but I am not really liking it. It was one I just snagged off the library shelf. I thought my book club book would be here on Saturday, but it still did not come.
I am hoping... that my book shows up in the mail tomorrow.
I am hearing ... the dog snoring.
I am thankful... for all the many wonderful suggestions I got from Regina's friends for things to do in Seattle on our upcoming train trip. Tell everyone a big Thank You from me, Regina!
Around the house...We are still working in our master bathroom, hopefully we will have some more progress to show this week. I feel like I am not getting much done lately as far as housework; it feels like I am just moving stuff around and not really getting it put away or really cleaned. Have to work on that.
One of my favorite things... Stepping on the scale and seeing a smaller number.
A few plans for the rest of the week: Science class for the kids, PE Class, American Heritage Girls and yearly portraits for the kids.
A picture thought I am sharing:
We had the chickens out behind our house the other day for some "play time." This little shelf is attached to the house next to the window in my living room (which faces the back of our house) and it supports our air conditioner. The kids put all the chickens up on this little shelf and they stood looking in the house at me. It was really quite funny. They really don't understand the concept of glass. They were very confused.
For more daybooks - please visit Peggy.
No comments:
Post a Comment