Outside my window... it's still dark outside. But I don't hear any rain. I am thinking ... about my husband turning 40 this coming weekend!
From the school room ... back at it today . . . although I am not feeling rejuvenated after Christmas break (neither are the kids, but I don't think any break would rejuvenate them!). I also have to say I am feeling very disillusioned with many parts of Seton's curriculum. We are ditching a few things and are going to go it alone (translated: doing our own thing) for awhile. It is hard for me to not have a plan, and I also tend to lack confidence when I am not "under the umbrella" of someone else. I am not sure we will be enrolling with them next year.
From the kitchen... Leftovers tonight. I don't know about the rest of the week yet.
I am wearing...still in my pajamas.
I am creating... fleece blankets for our Little Flowers meeting on Friday. Well, actually I am only cutting the fringes of the blankets (ya know, those kits that you buy). I have two more to finish. The girls will be tying the fringes and the blankets will be donated to shelters for the homeless.
I am going... to my friend Kristen's first book club meeting on Tuesday night!
I am reading... nothing right now. I am hoping to get some ideas from the new book club!
I am hoping... to lose these few extra pounds that I picked up over Christmas, and to get back into a routine of going to Curves. I was doing so well a while back and it's been awhile since I've gotten in my twelve workouts in a month.
I am hearing ... my husband loading the dishwasher.
I am thankful... for a husband who cooks me breakfast on the mornings he is home.
Around the house...I am slowly working on cleaning out some old school supplies and curriculum. This seems to be a never-ending process. But I do have a bit of a pile going and am feeling good about having our school stuff thinned out and down to one small bookshelf in the corner. My goal someday is to have everything fit on the big bookshelves in the living room.
One of my favorite things... hauling junk and clutter to Goodwill (see Around the House).
A few plans for the rest of the week: Volunteering at our parish St. Vincent de Paul food bank, Book Club, Little Flowers, and then American Heritage Girls.
A picture thought I am sharing:
Our friends boxing on our Wii on New Year's Eve. (Sorry Kristen, don't kill me!)
For more Daybooks, visit Peggy.
2 comments:
Enjoy your blanket making!
Have a wonderful week,
~Tamara
awesome blanket idea! i am under the disillusioned homeschool umbrella as well and have no confidence in myself to go alone. i am thinking of doing something new next year which will require secular stuff and i have no idea where to begin!
r
Post a Comment