Remember when my big Buff Orpington chicken made it's way into the Department of Agriculture Poultry Calendar?? Well, the calendar contest is on again this year. We found out a little late in the game; the deadline was August 31st and we found out on about the 20th. But the kids and I (mostly the kids) ran around with our cameras for 3 or 4 days trying to capture shots of the chickens. Chickens are very hard to photograph because they are constantly moving. Plus, we are just amateurs with point and shoot cameras, nothing high tech, so it's even harder.
So here's what we came up with:
Mine:
I love this picture, but the flash was on, so the exposure is sort of strange.
I love this picture, too. I think it's funny. But it is a bit blurry, so I am not sure if it can even be considered.
Boyson's:
This picture just makes me laugh. This is one of our new chickens. Her name is Gabubu (pronounced Guh-boo-boo); she lays green eggs.
And this is his old friend, Buffy; the one who did him proud at the fair last year.
This picture just makes me laugh. This is one of our new chickens. Her name is Gabubu (pronounced Guh-boo-boo); she lays green eggs.
And this is his old friend, Buffy; the one who did him proud at the fair last year.
Lil Guhl's:
This is a great picture that Lil Guhl got of her little bantam hen.
And a good close-up of our Rhode Island Red.
Now we just have to wait and see if any of ours are worthy this year!
2 comments:
It could be the glass of wine I'm enjoying tonight, but your chickens are too funny! They truly make me giggle.
Thank you, Angela. :)
Love the photos. Scott's is really funny.
Post a Comment