1.
We had our annual cookie decorating party yesterday. It was great fun! We had 10 kids here from ages 13 down to 3. And darn it, I forgot to take pictures. I am doing that a lot lately. Maybe it's because I don't really like my camera, and have a hard time getting good pictures.
2.
Boyson has a Lego Robotics practice today - it will just be two of the boys from their team. The other two are moving to Texas today. The other two boys are taking a robot with them so that they can work on some things and the boys might video conference their meetings with Skype. Now, if that isn't getting into some technology, I don't know what it is. This is all just bonus time though as they get ready for the state competition in January. We have no expectation of anything - just learning and fun; so it really feels a lot more relaxed right now.
3.
I think I am about finished with Christmas shopping. I am waiting for one thing in the mail, and I do still have to pick up my husband's gift. I have a bit of baking to do next week for some gift baskets I am making, but other than that it feels like smooth, relaxed sailing. Ahhh!
4.
On that note, I still do need to do something about getting Christmas cards out. The last few years we have sent a photo Christmas card with all of us in it. Having all of us in it definitely complicates things - it turns out to be much more of an event to try to get a good photo. To make things simple, I might just take a picture of the kids today or tomorrow and get them ordered and mailed early next week.
5.
We started our Christmas break from school on Monday - such a great decision on my part. It was sort of last minute, in honor of my 40th birthday. Well, needless to say I am so glad we are on a break right now. It has been a very nice relaxed week, and I am really ready for a break from school. I am still not sure when we will start back - maybe the 27th, but maybe January 3rd.
6.
I am thinking that today would be a good day for the last bit of winter yard clean up that we have to do. It is clear, although cold, but no rain in the forecast for today. It's supposed to start raining again tonight, so today might be our only opportunity.
7.
Last week, I applied for a part-time job at a local home education resource center. It was part-time and would have fit perfectly with our schedule, while still allowing me to homeschool the kids. I was a bit disappointed to find out I didn't even get selected for an interview. But at the same time, I realize that it isn't God's will for me to be working outside the home right now.

No comments:
Post a Comment