Tuesday, December 14, 2010

My Birthday Gift to Myself . . .

My birthday was December 12th - the Feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe.  I have had this fabric panel of the Our Lady of Guadalupe image for close to a year now.  It was left over from one of our Little Flower's meetings, so I asked if I could have it.  I figured I would do some bead work on it and then frame it,  especially since I don't have an image of Our Lady of Guadalupe in our home.  

Anyways, I came across the fabric panel the other day and decided I should finish it - my goal was to have it done in time for my birthday.  As I was getting close to being finished I realized that I don't really have anymore wall space for anymore framed artwork.  So I decided to make into a pillow.  I had a scrap of black corduroy fabric that was just the right size.  So I bought a pillow form, got out the sewing machine and measuring tape and - voila!  

Now I have this pillow for my favorite spot where I pray in the morning.    Plus, I can see it from the doorway every time I pass by this room.  The light catches the beads just right and it gives off a little sparkle.  (My little old camera just couldn't get a good close up of the bead work).

 
 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks great. What a fun idea to turn it into a pillow. Your annonymous friend

Kelly said...

Wow! It's beautiful, Angela! Oh, and happy belated birthday to you!