Saturday, December 18, 2010

I see a lot of dough in my future . . .

As in home made bread!  

 
Last night I baked a couple of loaves of this bread from the November edition of my Family Fun magazine.  All I can say is - Wow!  It turned out so great.  It was fantastic last night when it was warm, and it is great today - cold!  The bonus - this bread is made with honey, not sugar.  And I used olive oil instead of vegetable oil.  The recipe said you did not need to knead it, but I did for a bit, because it was so sticky when I mixed it up.   So I kneaded it for a few minutes, and added a bit more flour.

Don't be fooled by the look of the crust here - it's not hard; it's soft (I used an egg wash). And this bread is dense enough to used for sandwiches or toast.  But it's not doughy.  And I also learned how to "cloak" the dough.  (Do a Google search for that - it was really quite easy!)

Now go make some bread.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Yeah! The bread is beautiful. It turned out great.