We have two baby birds in this nest box outside right outside our living room window. We saw the mom and dad bird building the nest, but thought that maybe it had been abandoned when the activity seemed to have stopped, and I found a dead bird out on the ground below the box. But just yesterday, we saw the mom feeding them and two wide mouths in the opening! It has been so cool to be doing school and to watch the mom bird working hard feeding those babies! I hope you can see their little open beaks in the hole. I don't have a good zoom on my little, inexpensive camera; plus I was taking the picture through the window. If you click on the photo, it will open larger, and then you can probably see them. The mom bird was actually right there on the fence to the right, and they must have heard her and were sticking their beaks up in readiness.
This little squirrel let me get quite close to take his picture. He very bravely comes into our yard because we have an oak tree that drops acorns. When our dog sees him, as she did last week, he runs up this tree, and she jumps all around at the bottom of the tree trying to get at him, and she smashes all my plants. The plant at the base of the tree on the backside is the one she smashed. Grrr!
1 comment:
Really great nature watching right in your own back yard! I love those pics, especially of the birds. Compared to bird parents, we have it pretty easy I think! And I thought my boys ere demanding lol!
Post a Comment