I had the opportunity to attend this conference for the first time this year. Actually, I was only able to attend for one day, but I am so glad I did. The atmosphere of the conference was what surprised me the most. Some parents had their children there, and instead of it being bothersome, it was very casual and comfortable; almost like a big family.
The speakers were excellent and very encouraging and motivating. I also got to meet some new blog friends including: Jessica, Erica, Regina, Marci and Kim. Having dinner with all of them was very fun, and I am grateful that they included me. I didn't manage to get any photos of all us, but a couple of the moms had their cameras, so maybe they will post them on their blogs. I also found a couple of books that I was looking for at the used curriculum sale.
I hope to be able to go again next year, perhaps for the entire conference.
I hope to be able to go again next year, perhaps for the entire conference.

6 comments:
I am so happy that you enjoyed the conference! The planning committee will be meeting in a couple of days to start organizing next year's conference. You should be able to check the website for dates, soon.
I'm glad you enjoyed the conference! It is nice that people were able to bring their families and that there was a place for them to run around and have fun too. :) This is the second year I have gone. I was manning the used curriculum table this year. It was really fun! I plan on it for next year too.
Angela,
What a pleasure it was meeting you! I found way too many new books, myself! (I'm a bit susceptible to book-buying.) Fortunately, I was also able to offset my spending by buying at the used table. I got some great history books. You didn't mention what you found! Hope it was lots of good treasures! Here's to next year! (and dinner again)... Blessings, Kim
Kim,
It was a pleasure meeting you too! Thanks for all your work on reading all those books for the rest of us parents!
The books I bought were grammar books - nothing too exciting, except for the few bucks I saved!
~Angela
It was a super time for so many of us, I am so glad you were there!
I'm so glad you made it, it was so nice to meet you!!!! I wish we all would have had more time for visiting!!
Post a Comment