Monday, October 12, 2009

My Daybook - October 12th

FOR TODAY: October 12, 2009

Outside my Window... it is still dark, and 35 degrees. This is supposed to be our last dry day and then it's on to the rain.

I am thinking... about the road trip I will be taking in a few weeks to visit some blogger friends!

I am thankful... for a change in the weather. Last week we had very nice weather - Indian summer? While the nice weather is great, I am tired of watering all the flower pots and taking care of the yard. It's time for a break.

From the kitchen... no major plans here; I will be trying one new recipe from my Semi-Homemade Magazine this week. I will let you know what we think.

From the school room... Working into Week 6 of the lesson plans. Strangely, Lil Guhl does not like the Faith and Freedom readers (I love them!). She says she wants to read real stories about real things. Maybe she's ready for the next level. Boyson is not much liking the book reports (neither am I) but we will get through them somehow. Boyson is also learning Latin this year; he's not crazy about it but he seems to be able to memorize stuff easily enough and that will make it easier later on.

I am creating... crafts for the Advent Event that our parish has on the first Sunday of Advent. I am running a craft table and I pre-assemble most of the craft ahead of time so I don't have to deal with kids and glue!

I am reading... nothing "grown up" right now . . . but I am listening along to Misty of Chincoteague with the kids.

I am going... to call and make appointments for Lil Guhl and I to get haircuts. This is something I always put off - I am not sure why - to the point where my hair is driving me nuts and looking at hers is driving me even more nuts!

I am wearing... my pajamas still.

I am hoping... that the new American Heritage Girls troop that has just formed near us will be enjoyable for Lil Guhl. She seems lonely lately and I think she will make some new friends and have a good time. From what I can tell, the troop is well run (which is very important to me) and all the women leaders are very nice.

I am hearing... my husband cooking up a fabulous omelet.

Around the house... I finally conquered last week's humongous pile of laundry. I think it had something to do with changing the sheets on the beds. Those piles of sheets take up a lot of room in the laundry basket.

One of my favorite things... the first fire of the season in the fireplace which we will probably be having pretty soon as the rainy season will soon be here!

A Few Plans For This Week... Science class, pottery class, volunteering at our parish St. Vincent de Paul Food Bank

A picture thought I am sharing:

Our rose basket cupcakes we had last week for the Feast of Our Lady of the Holy Rosary.


For more daybooks, please visit Peggy's.

5 comments:

A Joyful Chaos said...

Cute cupcake baskets!

elm said...

Jessica just told me last night that you are coming down!! HOW EXCITING!!!! :)

I am in the same haircut boat... All of us girls, here at the treehouse, need to visit the salon, I just need to MAKE the time for us to go!

Jane Anne said...

I am participating today doing a daybook and it was fun to read yours. I am in Oregon, too, and I am not ready for the rain.

My First Simple Woman’s Daybook Post

Regina said...

so sad to not be able to join the party down south!! have a great time. fun cupcakes!
r

Jessica Gordon said...

I'm wondering how I missed this post last night?? It just popped up in my reader.

Anyhow, I too am SO EXCITED that you are coming down!! Can't wait!! =)

And those Rose Basket Cupcakes turned out darling!

I too really need to get a haircut... I think it has been since Easter?? or so?? though I did have some highlights added in June. Definitely time to do something else. I better do it before too long, or it won't happen!!