Outside my window... it is 40 degrees and pouring down rain right now.
I am thinking... that my week feels sort of complicated all of a sudden - since learning that one special item I had in mind for the kids isn't going to arrive in time for Christmas. I called the company today and they said it was on back order. I never received notification of that (and when I placed the order it said it was in stock), so now I am left to do a bunch of running around to see if I can find one somewhere else. Ugh!
From the schoolroom... Christmas vacation - week 2! Ahhh, the break has been sooooo nice!
From the kitchen... I know we will be having left over tacos tonight; perhaps hamburgers tomorrow. And then I don't know. For Christmas Eve at my brother-in-law's house, I will be making Spinach Artichoke Dip, Stuffed Mushrooms, and the popular pudding layer dessert.
I am wearing... my jeans, my Columbia sportswear sweater and white t-shirt.
I am creating... a shopping list for all the things I have to pick up this week.
I am going... to go and look at a dining room table today.
I am reading... cookbooks in preparation for the food that I will be preparing for Christmas celebrations.
I am hoping... that I am able to find that last item for the kids somewhere this week!
I am hearing... the dog snoring.
Around the house... All the Christmas decorations that I am putting out this year are out. There are some things in the boxes still that I am debating getting rid of. I am tending towards less and less clutter, and that's what some of our Christmas decorations feel like to me at this point.
One of my favorite things... when we play games together as a family like we did last night. Skipbo is one of our recent favorites.
A few plans for the rest of the week: Volunteer at St. Vincent de Paul, cook, clean, shop, celebrate!
Here is picture for thought I am sharing...
Merry Christmas to me from my sweet husband!
For more daybooks, head on over to Peggy's

2 comments:
I love that long table! My heart's desire is to one day have the longest Amish-made table the world has ever seen.
Hope you find that gift you need!
What a lovely Christmas gift..A place for everyone and 2 guests..
Sorry about the snafus with the gift..isn't that just the way things go..but so frustrating this time of year when you want everything to be just right...
I loved your Christmas picture but you and your husband don't look that much older than the children...
I feel the same way about my decorations and I gave many away when we moved back here two years ago...I'm thinking about donating some more after Christmas so I don't have to drag so much out every year....I am tending toward more handmade and special gift ornaments on my tree now...special memories.
I hope you and your family have the best Christmas ever.
Mama Bear
Post a Comment