Monday, May 18, 2009

Simple Woman’s Daybook – May 18th

Outside my window... a beautiful, sunny day. The weather has been fabulous here since Friday.

I am thinking... about my oldest daughter's graduation party in June; menu-planning, decorations, etc.

From the schoolroom... my kids have memorized 25 states and capitals so far. My goal is to finish them by the end of the year. Memorization comes pretty easy for my kids, so I think we can do it.

From the kitchen... probably burgers tonight . . .

I am wearing... denim skort, and a t-shirt

I am hearing . . . the stump grinder outside. This is part two of the great tree removal.

I am reading... still – A Clearing in the Wild by Jane Kirkpatrick

I am hoping... that the weather will be just as great on June 14th as it is today, for my daughter's graduation party!

I am creating... glass icons of Our Lady for the kids to paint. More updates on this soon!


Around the house... laundry, dishes, the usual.

One of my favorite things... the yard looking all beautiful and sitting on my patio swing enjoying it!

A few plans for the rest of the week... let's see...Boyson's last science class today, Lil Guhl's Speech Therapy, homeschool support group meeting, Young Rembrandts, softball games, PE Class and chicken baths on Friday. (I will be sure to post pictures of this one!)

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...

Lil Guhl (on the right) with her friend on her First Holy Communion Day.

For more daybooks, please go here.

6 comments:

Tracy said...

aww, God bless them on their FHC and always!

Regina said...

glass icons. wow!
r

Jerralea said...

Ok, I must come back and see pictures of chicken baths. I didn't know chickens were to be bathed!

Your daughter looks so happy on her Communion Day! What a sweet picture.

Tween Lit Crit said...

Please try to post a picture of the glass icons...
love the communion picture! Kim

Angela said...

Yes, Kim, I will post a picture of them. They sound cool in the book, so we'll see!
Angela

Noelle said...

I can't wait to see pictures of the chicken bath!