FOR TODAY: October 19, 2009 Outside my Window... Fall is in full swing. The trees are glorious right now! The weather has been cool (about 60 degrees) and rainy off and on. Today is sunny and beautiful (so far!).
I am thinking... about our next Little Flowers meeting with our homeschool group. This has been a huge undertaking and I am not sure I want to do it again next year.
From the kitchen... a lot less. I have gained a few pounds and am feeling very fat; I need to cut back.
From the school room... these Seton book reports are killing us . . . I am not sure why I end up being so "stuck on" Seton. There is a lot about their curriculum that I like, but there are a few things I don't like, too. I know nothing is perfect. Why does it seem to be such drudgery right now? Why aren't my kids chomping at the bit to learn stuff, like all the homeschooling books said they would be?? (sorry a little venting there). I think I might need to figure out Plan B in some areas of our curriculum.
I am creating... nada, nothing, zilch.
I am reading... catalogs. Christmas is getting close and I am looking for ideas.
I am going... to let my husband take me out to dinner tomorrow night!
I am wearing... jeans, my Disneyland sweatshirt and slippers.
I am hearing... the clock ticking. Ah, quiet.
Around the house... Cleaned out Boyson's room on Saturday. It gets so messy, because he's such a busy, creative boy!
One of my favorite things... the first fire in the fireplace, which we had last night.
A Few Plans For This Week... Speech for Lil Guhl, science class, the kids' last pottery class, our first American Heritage Girls Meeting
A picture thought I am sharing (or rather a short video):
We live near a wetland area, which is home to many Canada geese. We see and hear a lot of them flying over our house. This morning, there was a very large flock going over - several hundred birds perhaps - one of the largest we've ever seen. My husband filmed some of them. They were also quite noisy, and Lil Guhl even caught a down feather that came floating out of the sky!
For more Daybooks, go here.
For more Daybooks, go here.
4 comments:
Aaahhhh, perhaps i am beginning to understand where you were going with "Wordless Wednesday"!!!!!
And the catalogs are being read around our parts, too!
As far as curriculum goes... we did Seton and were frustrated with it at times last year. This year I am using CHC mostly. We like it - it is not super mom intensive (as far as planning - yippppeeeeee!) and it seems like the kids enjoy it for the most part, while we go through ebbs and flows of wanting to "do" school or not!!
cant you do seton without enrolling? maybe you arent enrolled, but if you dont enroll then you can just skip the stuff you dont want to do (i dont do seton and dont know much about it).
r
It's still not quite cold enough for a fire in the fireplace but I look forward to it. I hope you enjoyed going out to eat with your husband. I'm feeling fat. I have gained five pounds and it feels terrible. Christmas is coming fast. I can't wait. I loved your video. Doylene
I can't decide which one I like better: Daybook or Wordless Wed. I guess you'll need to keep both, please! :)
Post a Comment