Wednesday, April 8, 2009

I think we are going to give this a try to stave off the homeschool doldrums we are having right now. "This" is the Geography study guide from Beautiful Feet Books. This course utilizes four of the Holling C. Holling classics. This award-winning study is designed to cover geography, but also includes some history and science as well. The teacher's guide provides the framework for getting the most out of the Holling books as well as four maps (available for purchase separately) designed to be colored and labeled by the student. Three main geographic regions of the U.S are covered in this course as well as an introduction to world geography in the book, Seabird. I have been eye-balling this for quite some time now, and decided that this might be the time to add in something new.

I have Seabird checked out from the library, and Paddle to the Sea on the way. I think that will be enough for now, and I will get the other two later. It doesn't appear that you have to do them in any particular order.

I will let you know how it goes.

No comments: