I am thinking... about my oldest daughter's birthday on Friday (although we already celebrated due to my husband's hunting trip) - she will be 19. Wow - I feel old. The weird part: 19 is the age that I was when I had her.
I am thankful . . . that the lesson I taught at yesterday's CCD class went well. Seeing as how yesterday was All Saint's Day and today is All Soul's Day, it was a perfect opportunity to teach about it! I think the kids liked it. Plus, I am thankful that this task is now behind me and I can move on to the next thing on my list!
From the kitchen... I will be making a large batch of elk meatballs for my husband to take hunting! Also, Lil Guhl will be making a batch of chocolate chip cookies for him to take along.
From the school room... We are nearing the end of our first quarter already - I can't believe it! Things are going relatively well, although I feel more worn out this year for some reason.
I am creating...something for Jessica (aren't you dying to know what's up???)
I am hoping . . . the weather stays this beautiful for awhile!
I am reading...nothing.
I am wearing... my usual - black work out pants, and long sleeve red t-shirt.
I am going . . . to publish this post as is; I am tired of messing around with it . . . Blogger apparently made some changes to the post editor, but now I can't add text after inserting the photo at the end. Arrrgh! I don't know why it won't work. And the spacing is all messed up and I can't seem to fix that either without re-typing the whole thing! Ahh, technology - don't ya love it??
I am hearing...the kids doing their chores.
Around the house... fruit flies! Okay, yes I know it sounds gross, but we seem to have somehow been harboring a small army of fruit flies. My husband went online and found a simple recipe to attract and kill them: a small amount of apple cider vinegar mixed with a squirt of dish soap. It seems to be doing the trick - although I am surprised (and grossed out) at the number of them that have been in the house.
One of my favorite things...tortellini's with basil pesto from Costco. These are sooooo yummy and have become a favorite snack or quick light meal in our house.
A Few Plans For This Week... Speech for Lil Guhl, science class, my husband is leaving for hunting, and then my "road trip" (I am so excited!)
A picture thought I am sharing:

1 comment:
YES!! I AM!!! LOL!!!
Can't wait to see you this weekend!
Post a Comment