Saturday, November 14, 2009

Totally Bummed . . .

I have been wanting a new dining room table for quite some time.  Our current one is small, and has been 'limping along' with various repairs, etc. over the years.   I found a beautiful oak dining room table, with marble inlays, and 6 chairs at a high-end furniture consignment store that is about an hour from my house.  Because it's a consignment store, the price was great too.  My husband was gone hunting all week and didn't get home until last night.

So this morning I told him about the table and said that it could be my anniversary, birthday and Christmas present (aren't I efficient??)!  He said 'yes' and so I was all set to drive over there and buy it today.  I called them right when they opened to make sure they did in fact have it (it was still showing on their website this morning as current inventory) and the man that answered the phone said that it sold yesterday!!!  What?  I was heartbroken.  This table was perhaps the most unique and beautiful table I think I have ever seen.

I am still feeling disappointed this afternoon.  We are hosting my brothers and their families for Christmas dinner this year and it would have been so wonderful to have a beautiful new table.

  But like I told my husband, he's a richer man today.

No comments: