Outside my window...a cool, gray day. No rain.I am thinking ... about the things I need to do to get ready for St. Nicholas Day.
From the school room ... limiting adjectives, the Commandments, expanded notation, nouns, the state of Connecticut, the Jesse tree, westward expansion, symbols on a map.
From the kitchen...my husband is cooking dinner: Swiss steak (made from elk), mashed potatoes, green beans and rolls.
I am wearing... jeans, Columbia fleece, blue t-shirt.
I am creating...goody bags for the kids in my religious ed. class for St. Nicholas Day on Sunday.
I am going...to the Advent Mission at our parish tonight. The topic is, "Finding Spiritual Strength in Times of Trouble"
I am reading...nothing.
I am hoping... that our friends can make it to our cookie party this year. I just sent out the invite a bit ago.
I am hearing... Boyson in his bathroom "laboratory," Lil Guhl finishing up her hot chocolate in the other room.
Around the house...my husband is cleaning out the attic and the garage this week! Yea!
One of my favorite things...St. Nicholas Day! We have only learned about all the wonderful traditions surrounding this wonderful feast day since we began homeschooling. It has become one of my favorite feast days to celebrate.
A few plans for the rest of the week: two more nights of our parish Advent mission, American Heritage Girls, the Holiday Light parade in our town.
A picture thought I am sharing:
For more Daybooks, go here.
No comments:
Post a Comment