I am getting ready for the Feast of St. Nicholas on Saturday December 6th. I never knew of this feast day as a child, and only began celebrating it when we heard of the wonderful celebrations and traditions amongst other homeschooling families (not that homeschooling families are the only ones to celebrate, but that's where we learned about it!).Anyways, some of my plans include Candy Cane Coffee Cake. Thanks to Jessica for this fabulous idea! I usually make cinnamon rolls, but this sounds so much more fun. The kids will be making these from the
St. Nicholas Center and we will be reading:



I set the table with a red table cloth, and my china. The kids receive chocolate coins, candy canes and usually a small gift. This year I found St. Nicholas ornaments, also from the St. Nicholas Center. I am also very excited about these napkins from them.I think I might also try my hand at St. Nicholas Purse cookies that I found at this website.

A Prayer for Children
God, our Father, we pray that you will protect our children,
Keep them safe from harm and help them to grow in mind and body.
Give them strength to keep their faith in you, and keep alive their joy
in the Birth of Jesus at Christmas time.
No comments:
Post a Comment