For Monday, December 29th, 2008
Outside My Window... NO MORE SNOW! It was fun, but enough was enough. Now it’s supposed to be rain, rain and more rain. I’m sure that that will get old soon too.
I am thinking... about my 18 year old daughter who is having a difficult time these days. Please say a prayer for her if you have some time.
I am thankful for... the calm days after Christmas Day when there is not much on the calendar and the kids are happily playing with their new toys.
From the kitchen... not much to talk about here. I prepared a ton of food last week for our Christmas Eve party, so I have been kind of happy to just do easy food the past few days.
I am wearing... ivory t-shirt, green corduroy button-up shirt, jeans, and my slippers.
I am creating... a small latch-hook rug with Lil Guhl. She got it for Christmas, and can hook the yarn, but needs help reading the pattern. So we are working together on it.
I am going... to go grocery shopping today or tomorrow.
I am reading... nothing right now. I really need to get into a good book. I have been surfing Shelfari and have some plans.
I am hearing... the washing machine.
Around the house... just trying to find homes for the new toys and Christmas gifts. Also, I have been clean up the piles of wrapping paper, empty boxes, candy wrappers, etc. We open gifts with my husband’s family on Christmas Eve, and the party was at our house this year, so we have all of their wrapping paper and boxes too. With no trash/recycling service for two weeks because of the snow, we have quite a large pile out in the garage.
From the schoolroom . . . we are having a light schedule of Math and a few Language Arts subjects this week. Yes, I am the mean mom who makes my kids do school even when no one else is!
One of my favorite things... The new cologne my husband bought me for Christmas. It is one of my all time favorites, but I have not had any for a very long time! He picked it all on his own, not knowing that it was one of my favorites.
A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: Not too much. We are going to a New Year’s Eve Party at a friend’s house, and that is all that is really planned.
Here is picture thought I am sharing...
Our toaster has not been working correctly lately, so Lil Guhl made sure I got a new one for Christmas.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Although Peggy did not post her daybook this week, you can still click here to visit past daybooks.
Have a splendid week everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment